Sunday, 19 October 2014

Roker Revamp

Most people that know me would say that I can be a pretty harsh critic of Sunderland. I just feel that there is so much potential for this city to be great and that not much is being done with it. So I was excited when I found out that the sea front at Roker was getting a bit of a makeover, and decided to head down yesterday afternoon to check it out. I was trying to make the most of the sunny weather, but inevitably as soon as I set off the dark clouds descended. Nevertheless, I still got some decent shots. I turned my lens to the lighthouse first, then noticed some interestingly artistic graffiti that I'd never before seen. I also took a look at the old photographs of Roker dotted around the promenade- it's weird to see what it used to be like!








I'd been down to The Beach House and had some food a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it. The nautical decor inside was really fitting to its location, and felt like something new and refreshing. And the food was good too. But I noticed when I was down this time that there is a new noodle place- definitely going to have to try that out at some point! I love me some noodles!



I think what has been done so far down at Roker is really good, and hopefully we'll see more positive changes around the city in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I was so disappointed the first time I stepped out of the train station and saw Sunderland! I think there are definitely nice parts but you have to hunt them out. My friend has promised me a day trip there next year to show me the hidden treasures of Sunderland :)

    I do love Roker, made my first trip there a few months ago and fell in love, I really want to try the Beach House, I had a good nose through the window when we walked past. Have you been to Let There Be Crumbs? AMAZING cake!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you for being disappointed Chloe, to be honest! The Beach House is really nice, I'd recommend it. Yesss I went for afternoon tea with my Mam a couple of months back and there was so much we had to bring some home in a doggy bag! I saw your post and agree about the staff issues though- it took us a while to be served.

      Laura
      x

      Delete