There's been a lot of hype about the recently released film adaptation of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. The book has been on my radar for a while now, and I wanted to read it before I saw the film (which I think is the best order to do it in). But, my curiosity got the better of me and I headed into town last night to catch the movie as it was Cheap Tuesdays (Empire Cinemas don't call it that, but I think it has a certain ring to it). It seemed a lot of others had the same idea, as the screen was packed! I won't spoil the plot or anything, but I will say that the story line is extremely gripping. A lot of twists and turns had me on the edge of my seat, and Ben Affleck puts in a great performance. One down-side to the film: when the final scene ended and the credits started to roll, I turned to my Mam and she looked just as baffled as me. We're still not quite sure how the ending went or what we were meant to be feeling after the film. Hopefully the book is a bit more clear- I might give it a read one day.
Luckily, there was one certain thing last night, and that was how good my paella was! I loosely followed a Weight Watchers recipe, as my Mam is currently joined up online, and it was so good she went back for a second plate!

This looks so yummy!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lola, it really was :)
ReplyDelete