Thursday, 6 November 2014

Festive Shopping at the Metrocentre

So the John Lewis advert has been released- it's officially the festive season! The department store advert seems to have overtaken the Coca-Cola 'holidays are coming' as the signal to the start of Santa season. I was so happy to see my favourite animal, the penguin, being the focus of this genius ad, and I must say that it did make me rather emotional when I watched it this morning! I absolutely love Christmas, and what better way of continuing the seasonal spirit instilled by the clip today than a bit of Christmas shopping. Me and my Mam headed to the Metrocentre today, and were looking forward to the infamous decorations just as much as the retail therapy! The decorations didn't disappoint, and we were also pleasantly surprised to see a poppy decoration to mark the centenary of WWI. 







Shopping makes us very hungry (as do most things) so we wanted something filling but healthy for lunch. We browsed a couple of menus, but settled with Zizzi as they now do three types of skinny pizzas, made with wholemeal dough- under 500 calories yet substantial and delicious. A definite winner for us!


I'm absolutely obsessed with checks at the moment, so picked up this Dorothy Perkins dress which was a bargain with 25% off! It's hard to see on this picture, but there are cute little (fake) pockets on the front, lined with faux leather to match the neck lining. 



I raided Primark (as I always do on a shopping trip) and bagged more checks in the form of some festive tartan Minnie Mouse pyjamas.  I also bought some funky socks, as most of mine either have holes in them or are covered with penguins in bobble hats and scarves. Although I do love penguins, I feel it may be too soon to whip these out! Finally, I hit another bargain with a Kilner jar for £2.99 from Lakeland. I've been seeing a lot of desserts such as chia puddings on Instagram and various blogs, and they always look so cute in these jars so felt I needed one for my kitchen cupboard! 


Finally, my favourite purchase of the day (or should I say my Mam's) was an early birthday present. I'd been keen to see Michelle Keegan's collection for Lipsy in person as opposed to online as I love her style. I'd only planned on a little browse, but when I saw this dress I just HAD to try it on. It fit perfectly, and I felt really good in it so my Mam was kind enough to buy it for me. I still can't stop staring at it- think I'm in love! Just need to find an occasion to wear it now...


As well as purchasing some bits for myself I also got my first few Christmas presents for the family. I love buying people presents, and think it makes Christmas all the more exciting when you've got nice gifts to give. Hopefully they will like what I've come up with! 


No comments:

Post a Comment