Sunday, 8 February 2015

Sweet Potato Brownies!

Sunday posting is starting to become a weekly occurrence for me! The weather was lovely today (no snow yayyyy), so I decided to take myself off for a run around my usual track that takes me along past the sea. There was a cracking view so I took a little snap as best as I could mid-run.




Now, after this 4 mile run (and later walking 4 miles with my Mam!) I felt that I very much deserved a treat, so made myself some sweet potato brownies from a recipe I've had my eye on for a while. The recipe initially seemed pretty doable, as I had most of the ingredients in my cupboard. However, when I went to pick up the coconut flour from Asda I saw that it was a steep £5.99! So I paid the site another visit to check the reviews to see if these brownies were really going to be worth paying 6 quid for, and was met with an endless list of people saying how they couldn't even wait for them to cool to eat them, and that they ate the whole batch in one night! So I parted with the cash, and oh myyy was it worth it!




The brownies were really easy to make and only a small amount of the coconut flour was actually required, so it seems I'll get more than my money's worth out of it. I used my Jane Asher measuring utensils from Poundland which made the whole 'what the hell is a cup?' malarkey a lot easier than I usually find. I was pretty sceptical about putting sweet potatoes in a dessert, but when I had my first bite I was past caring as they were just SO GOOD! I couldn't wait until they had cooled down to dig in either, and I'm still fighting the temptation to go and grab my third chunk as I type this. Definitely another recipe for my collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment